Financial Aid Video Library
Making College Affordable
How to pay college tuition has become very complex. With college cost exceeding inflation and many families facing economic difficulties the financial part of the college decision has become more important. One of the biggest mistakes families make is that they focus only on the financial aid process. It is important but it is only one part of the strategy to lowering your cost of education.
To properly pay for college your need to bring together the financial aid process, college saving plans, education tax strategies, and utilize various loan options. All of these items interact with each other so understanding the proper sequence of strategies is critical to lowering your cost of education. Due to the increase complexity, the college financial aid offices are unable to answer all of your questions. The College Affordability Financial Aid Video Library is a great source of information. It covers how to pay for college the right way. It give you a great overview of the entire paying for college process.
We have created five major categories and various topics under each of these items. Each topic has a short video that is 3 to 6 minutes long and gives detailed information on that subject. Just click on the topic to get to the information and see our video. You may also want to search our blog for additional information on various ways to pay tuition.
Where do I start? (A Roadmap by Grade)
- Younger Children Grade 6 and Below
- Middle School – Grades 7 – 9
- High School Sophomore
- High School Junior
- High School Senior
- Selecting a Financial Aid Advisor
- FAFSA 2014 Planning Tips
What is Financial Aid?
- Overview of Financial Aid
- Myths of College Financial Aid
- Sources of Information
- Financial Aid Timing
- Methods of Applying for Financial Aid
- Expected Family Contribution Calculation - EFC
- Cost of Attendance – COA
- Types of Financial Aid
- How is aid determined?
How to Pay Tuition?
- Understanding the Financial Aid Award Letter
- Appealing the Award Letter
- Maximizing your tuition dollars
- College Saving Plans
- Tax Scholarship Strategies
- Purpose of College
What are Student Loans?
- Student Loan Overview
- Federal versus Private Loans
- Parent PLUS Loans
- Student Loan Repayment
- Student Loan Forgiveness
How to make the College Decision?
- 3 Major Parts of the College Decision
- Career Center Visit
- Value Decision
- Getting Professional Advice
- Searching for Scholarships
What you need to do to plan for Post Graduate Study?
- Impact of undergraduate loans
- Projecting total debt
- Maximizing loan forgiveness
What is Student Financial Literacy?
- Importance of Financial Literacy
- Understanding Income
- Knowing your Expenses
- Setting goals
- Cash flow versus long term goals
- Goal to personal and financial independence
We hope you find this information helpful. If you need professional help, please visit our package section for available services.